• Breaking News

    Monday, April 10, 2017

    Spiced Apple muffins with streusel topping and cinnamon honey butter is Delicious




    I think there is nothing I enjoy more than an apple pie. Especially if there is cardamom involved.
    I adore cardamom, if I haven't mentioned it before (which I am pretty sure I could have).
    Not just with Apple, it runs pretty much with anything in my book-coffee (!), rhubarb, strawberry, blueberry, cinnamon buns, Semlor, there's that name!

    Apple always seems to inspire me to bake, and it could definitely happen today.
    With the creation of my book the fourth I had almost no time to make new recipes for my blog.
    I feel like I am talking about the fourth book I constantly, but it's pretty much all I can think about at the moment.
    It has been very pleasant for me to make it, and I have learned a lot during the process. I soon can't wait to share more on this!

    Anyway, these muffins:




    So moist, slightly crunchy on top and just so perfect. The apples are simmered in a mixture of butter, sugar, cardamom and cognac. Need I say more? My kitchen still smells amazing.





    Spiced Apple muffins with Streusel Topping and Cinnamon Honey Butter is Delicious

    makes 8 large muffins

    INGREDIENTS
    Streusel topping
    4 tbsp all purpose flour
    2 tbsp turbinado sugar (brown sugar works too)
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground cardamom
    pinch of salt
    2 tbsp (30 g) cold butter

    Apple filling
    1 large apple
    1 tbsp turbinado sugar (brown sugar works too)
    1 tbsp (15 g) butter
    2 tsp cognac
    1/8 tsp ground cardamom

    Muffins
    1 1/4 cups (180 g) all purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 eggs, at room temperature
    2/3 cup (100 g) light brown muscovado sugar (packed in the measuring cup)
    100 g (1 scant stick) softened butter
    1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp (100 ml) sour cream (or thick yogurt), at room temperature

    Honey butter
    5 tbsp (75 g) softened butter (I always use salted but feel free to use unsalted)
    3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    3 tbsp honey


    INSTRUCTIONS
    For the streusel topping
    1. Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and press together with your fingers until it reaches a crumbly texture. Put the bowl in the fridge while you prepare the rest.

    For the apple filling
    1. Peel, core and dice the apple. Put in a sauce pan together with sugar, butter, cognac and cardamom. Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium high until apples become slightly soft and the sugar melts, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the muffin batter.

    For the muffins
    1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F). Prepare a cupcake pan with 8 muffin liners (you might get a couple more or less depending on the size of your liners).
    2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
    3. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until fluffy and lighter in color, about 2 minutes. Add the butter and beat until incorporated.
    4. Add the dry ingredients and the sour cream and stir until smooth.
    5. Fill the liners about 1/4 full with batter, add some apple mixture to each liner, then top with more batter, the remaining apple mixture and the streusel topping.
    6. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

    For the cinnamon honey butter
    1. Beat butter, cinnamon and honey until smooth and fluffy. Serve with muffins (preferably while the muffins are still a little bit warm.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Culture