• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 5, 2016

    Recipes and How to Make Easy Rhubarb Cake

    Recipes and How to Make Easy Rhubarb Cake



    I took these photos almost exactly two years ago. In May 2013, which was also one of my most productive months as in baking A LOT and taking many of my favorite photos (and apparently wearing jean vests every day). Back then I had a 9-5 job, but I somehow always managed to find the time to create. Nowadays, all I do is sit by my computer, all day every day and fighting the beast better known as the e-mail. It seems as no matter how little time I had back then, I always managed to get stuff done. Maybe that's exactly why, because I knew I had to do them right now or I wouldn't have the time. I'm always a few hundred e-mails behind, so every day is like starting over (so I'm sorry if I haven't replied yet!).
    Some days (ok, make that most days) I don't feel like sitting in front of the computer at all though, especially during spring. Some days I just want to go out and smell the freshly cut grass, listen to the birds and take a stroll on the beach. This day was exactly like that. We filled a basket with this hot from the oven-rhubarb cake and went out to a beautiful spot called Möllegård, fairly close to where we live. It's incredibly pretty there, especially when the trees are becoming all lush and green. The forest is a little untamed and everything grows a little bit wild, which I really like. That "bridge" was slightly wobbly though, but it's been replaced now with a new, uncharming one. You can also get the best ice cream in Möllegård and you can pet two cute shetland ponies. Sounds like a pretty great place, huh?! Ice cream and ponies!

    I actually liked this cake so much that it ended up in my book, Sweet food & photography, which by the way is now published in French, and will be published in Dutch, German and Spanish in August this year, and last but not least in English in April next year!! It's a pretty amazing feeling I must say and I'm just so grateful that people are interested in my books.



    I wish you all a very happy weekend. Now I'm going to go lie down because I'm sick. Ok, bye!


    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7703/17399879876_4433395b9e_b.jpg
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7776/16808028893_c7bf63c8d6_b.jpg
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5331/17239658879_cfac64636a_b.jpg


    easy RHUBArb cake
    8-10 servings

    Opt for thin rhubarb stalks for this cake, both red and green, to make it both pretty and delicious. If you can't find thin stalks, thick ones are ok too of course, but make sure to slice them thinner or they will sink to the bottom of the cake (it will still be delicious though).

    INGREDIENTS
    1 1/4 cups (180 g) all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cardamom seeds, freshly ground
    pinch of salt
    100 g (1 scant stick) softened butter
    1 scant cup (200 g / 225 ml) granulated sugar
    1 large egg, at room temperature
    1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla sugar
    1/2 cup milk, at room temperature

    150 g rhubarb, washed, trimmed and cut in 5 cm (2 inch) pieces
    1/2 tbsp granulated sugar

    To serve
    Powdered sugar
    Whipped cream if desired


    DIRECTIONS
    1. Heat oven to 175° (350°F). Grease a pie pan or springform pan (22-25 cm / 8-10 inches).
    2. Mix flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
    3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
    4. Fold in the flour mixture and the milk in additions, and stir with a spatula until combined. Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
    5. Place the pieces of rhubarb in a pattern on the cake. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
    6. Bake the cake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 150°C (300°F) and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.



    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8812/17240542698_50417ae4ef_b.jpg

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Culture