• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2016

    Recipes and How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Gluten Free

    Recipes and How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Gluten Free

    I adapted the recipe from my regular chocolate chip cookies, I just added a bit more butter. Oh, I added pecans too, because I had chopped pecans in my pantry and I wanted to use them for something. If you haven't baked with buckwheat before, you definitely should! It has a particular flavour, almost a little hazelnutty. As for the texture, they're definitely just like the "real" deal. We ate them all in one go. Except one that I saved for the next day, you know, just to check the texture. I think I liked them even better the next.

    day.






    https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8155/28959994870_e753a07dfa_b.jpg

    GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
    Makes 10-12 cookies


    Ingredients
    100 g (1 scant stick) salted butter
    1 cup (150 g) buckwheat flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
    3 tbsp (45 g) granulated sugar
    1/3 cup + 2 tbsp (65 g) light brown muscovado sugar
    1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 egg yolk
    100 g dark chocolate (70%) or chocolate chips, chopped
    40 g chopped pecan nuts (can be omitted), chopped


    Directions
    1. Melt the butter and let it cool.
    2. Mix buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
    3. Beat together sugars, vanilla, egg yolk and melted butter until smooth and slightly paler in color. Add the dry ingredients, chocolate and nuts and stir until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
    4. Heat oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Divide the dough into 10-12 pieces (I use 35-40 g per cookie) then place them on the baking sheet.
    5. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Let cool completely.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Culture